Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Vanessa, Nowhere To Be Found!

Today, I showed up for class and our instructor was MIA! I must say I was disappointed...she is really cool and makes this whole "swimming" deal very worthwhile and entertaining.

As a substitute, we got her cousin, Cindy. If you recall from the "Safety Day" post, she is the one that Liz heard counting down - this girl is hardcore about swimming and teaching it.

She quickly got on task and demanded laps from all of us - pushing us to another limit. She requested that we swim to the "blue line" and back and as Liz put it we didn't even have a clue there was a blue line because we'd never even been that far in the pool.

Well, today, we discovered where the blue line was, and got to see it, again, and again, and again, and again - I seriously lost count!!!!!

Ms. Cindy literally pushed us to the limit, but not that it was a bad thing. Liz was able to finally float and move along. I on the other hand, had issues yet again - I did just fine the first like 10 minutes of class but then when Ms. Cindy asked to see my "kick," it's like she totally killed me saying it well, was not good, came short of saying it was horrible, and well I guess it affected me. I was not able to move a whole heck of a lot past that point.

Overall, it was a good class, 2 more days, and we are done with this serious matter and I'll hopefully be writing all about how I did survive, contrary to my belief before I started this journey!!!!!!

No comments: