Saturday, July 11, 2009

Chicago & Earth, Wind & Fire!!!!

Went to the Nokia Theatre with Liz to watch two great bands, CHICAGO & EARTH, WIND & FIRE!!!!!

When the show came on, both bands were on stage and set the mood for a great evening of awesome music.

Chicago then exited and it was time to dance away with Earth, Wind & Fire! Man those guys can put on a show.....they had the entire crowd on their feet for most of their hour or so performance.

Then it was time for Chicago! I must admit this is one of my all time favorite bands. This is going to sound pretty corny but they rocked in all the Karate Kid movies....who didn't love them? :)

They too put on a great performance.

The only thing I don't understand about these two great bands is why they didn't think of touring on their own. I mean, both have so much music that's so great, I have no doubt that they could fill any place to capacity with their fans so they can play all of their music...or most of it, at least.

Regardless, it was a great show. I have to point out that I was a little sad I missed Keith Urban at the American Airlines Center, but I'm sure I'll get a chance to see him in the future. I couldn't pass this opportunity up - these bands have been around for so long that I just don't know that they'd get together again to tour!

Here's to a great night!



My ticket in. I still can't believe I got to see these two huge groups for just $15! Can't beat that during these economic times!



The entrance.



The place where all the fun went down!



When the concert first started, both bands came on stage together and rocked the house with a couple of songs!!!



They really did an awesome job! Note: The guy in the middle of the picture with the orange chaps, is one of the original members of Earth, Wind & Fire - they've been around for 40 years now!!!!! Amazing!!!!



Then it was time for Earth, Wind & Fire, all by themselves!

The stage lighting was just spectacular, just look at the next couple of pictures!









These are neon illuminated drums you see hear....they did an awesome drum deal...it was so cool!



Earth, Wind & Fire finished their hour and a half show and next............



CHICAGO BABY!!!!!!!!



Of course they too put on an awesome performance....I love this group!



Their stage lighting was cool as well!!!!



Jamming out!!!



During this part of the show, Chicago did a medley of some of their greatest 80's hits!!!!! I thought I was going to melt away by this point!



Wrapping up their part of the show!!!!!



When both groups came back on stage, they did this thing behind this curtain!!!



Good music coming from behind that curtain!!!!



Tadaaaaaa!!!!!!



Saying goodbye!



Memorable performance!!!!!!!!!



No comments: