Thursday, July 16, 2009

Last Day of Swimming.....For Real!

Today was our last day of swimming. As we suspected, Vanessa, our instructor, did not show up, but her sub was awesome.

Poor girl though, when class first started, she asked if we did the bobs first. You see the little kids do this to start off each class. We responded and said nope, we didn't do that. Then she asked what we did and my clever response was, "free-style!"

She then asked, what is that....and I answered, "Basically whatever we want!!!!" She cracked up laughing. I then briefly explained to her that just getting this group, well, most of the group into the water, was already a big deal!

The rest of the class we basically did what we wanted to and again, as every other time, before we knew it, it was 7:50 and time for our last class to come to an end.

We were getting ready to leave, and the sub came back and was like, I almost forgot to give you all your certificates - I was told to look for them under the paperwork.

Yeah for Vanessa, she did make us some - we were all so proud!!!!!

Here's to a great 2 weeks of swimming lessons. I couldn't sign up for the last class this session because it was already full, but I'll more than likely be back next summer for some more fun in the sun!



This is the pool where all the fun took place. We'd usually be on the far right hand section of the pool.



This is the sign I made in honor of our "graduating" from swimming...well more like survival of swimming.



Displaying my work of art!!!!!



See, proof that I get in the water!!!! And that is not a fake smile either...I had way too much fun!!!!



"The Mortified Clan," me, Liz & Patty, minus Erica - she didn't make it to class the last day.



Our certificates!



My certificate close up. Check out how none of the boxes are checked off - that is so funny! Ha, ha, ha, ha!

No comments: