Monday, June 8, 2009

Plano Coloring Contest.

I stopped by my old part time job in Plano on May 27th to visit my co-workers. After chatting and catching up with them for a while, they told me about a coloring contest that the FUN Team had going on and asked if Sydney & I would participate on behalf of B-Shift.

Well for those of you that don't know, I LOVE TO COLOR! I'm serious people, call me crazy, but I've got coloring books that only me, myself and I can color in. Not even Sydney is allowed access into those books.

I was like heck yeah, I'll color!

We sat down for about 30 minutes and both Sydney and I worked on some pretty nice pictures that looked like a work of art when we were finished! I'm not joking either, so don't laugh.

Below are the pictures we colored. Guess which belongs to who? :)





*************************************************************************************
COLORING CONTEST UPDATE!!!!!!!!

The judging took place on Friday the 29th and Eva was kind enough to pay me a call to inform me of the results.

There were apparently 18 entries total. It was disclosed that Sydney poo and I stopped by to visit and that she had colored her page.

For her good work and participation, she was given the last place ribbon, 18th. Eva then proceeds to tell me that (forgive me if I'm wrong), Ms. Rene Putrino had gotten 3rd and that Ms. Shannon Benton got 2nd and that well she got 1st.

My reaction was, you loser, because Eva had not colored a page when I left Plano that night and I didn't really think she would, since she is always so busy.

Eva starts cracking up and reveals that the winner was actually me but that her name had been placed on the coloring page so that there would not be a risk of getting me disqualified since I am no longer part of the Records family (OFFICIALLY)!

I could not believe my ears. I was so proud! I really was, I put a lot of effort into my picture. She said that besides a 1st place ribbon, I would also receive a cup.

I ended up meeting her for lunch the following week to collect my winnings and my beautiful picture.

Below are the two pictures with their respective ribbons!



No comments: