Friday, June 26, 2009

Cowboys Stadium Tour!

I took the day off from work today so that I could do something on the very first day of this happening! Now many of you all might think what is so special that you would want a day off from work to go do?

Well, but of course, it was the very 1st day that the tours would be given at the new Cowboys stadium, and unlike the old stadium, Texas Stadium, I would not wait very long to get a glimpse and see this awesome place, home to my favorite football team.

My friend, la Sra. Adriana, Eva & Rebecca came along for the ride as well. I looked up the address to the stadium and just wrote down to take 30 W and exit 28A and I would arrive at my destination.

Although I'm the worst person when it comes to directions, I surprised myself with how smooth the drive was and how easy it was to get to the stadium. Now actually finding the "main entrance" to this giant, took a couple of minutes, but I eventually found it.

As we were going into the Pro Shop, Eva spotted Rowdy, the mascot, and we tried to catch up to him as fast as we could. Eva and Rebecca got their shot at a picture with him first, but this would prove to be quite difficult as those two could not stay still - they claim they were being tickled. :)

Next, it was la Sra. Adriana's turn and I guess maybe Rowdy recognized her from when we last saw him a couple of months ago at the Draft Party, as he grabbed her and planted a big kiss on her, just as he did before. She was beyond herself of course!

Rowdy behaved when it was my turn, thank goodness, as if he had tried to tickle me, I would have been on the floor dying of laughter.

After all that unexpected fun, we went in and purchased our tour tickets at the Pro Shop. Unlike the $15 I was expecting to pay, I only paid $12.50 because according to the cashier guy, it was a partial tour since the place still has quite a bit of construction going on in it AND the turf is not in yet.

We ended up being one of the last ones and caught up with the tour that had just left. Looking back, maybe we should have waited for the next one, as the gentleman giving the tour was difficult to hear and well that forced us to figure out what we were looking at or ask another gentleman, Cory, what on Earth we were looking at or going to or what the history behind this and that was.

Another big downfall of the tour, yes a downfall, was that they were hosting the American Idol auditions at the stadium today and had been for the last 3 days. Because of some contract they signed with American Idol, to protect the secrecy of the show, no photos were allowed in certain areas where you could see the contestants.

Overall though, the tour was AWESOME of course. The stadium is just so beautiful....it's quite a difference from what Texas Stadium was.

Now the icing on the cake would be that the Cowboys come in this season all fired up and win us a Super Bowl! This is not wishful thinking as some of you may be saying. I believe!!!!!!!!!!



What's wrong Rebecca & Eva? Are you all being tickled by Rowdy?



Okay, much better, I'm trying to get your picture here!!!!



Rowdy being bad with the Sra. Adriana.



Too cute!



You had to wear this sticker to go on the tour! I managed to put it back together to keep it.



The best number ever, hands down!



The video control room. According to our tour guide, this is the coldest room in the entire stadium, for obvious reasons and well as you might guess, there is absolutely no food or drink allowed in here. If you spill something, Jerry Jones might not be too happy with you.



A cool chandelier. The picture doesn't reflect just how neat this deal was. The stadium is filled with just cool things all over!



I kind of didn't follow directions and took this picture of the American Idol auditions going on while we were on our tour. As you can see from the picture, the turf has not been put in yet, it's still just all concrete down there.



This arch goes all across the top of the stadium and basically holds it up. It is absolutely huge, you have to be there in person to just take in how big this thing is!



Here is an interesting fact about the base that you see here. That whole block of solid cement goes 70 feet underground....I think that they wanted to make sure that this baby stays up always and for a long time!



The locker room which is only used for 8 of the regular season games. It smelled so new in here...what a difference from the one at Texas Stadium. It smelled like sweat in there...not that it was a bad thing, but I like the smell of new stuff!

The restrooms!



Hey, I see me!!!!



The showers. As you can see, there is still construction going on in here as well!



Sitting in one of the lockers. I wonder who this one will belong to?



This star looks like it might be a light which if it is would be way cool! It looked nice anyway!



The stadium at night....isn't it just beautiful?



La Sra. Adriana & I!



At Wingstop right after a delicious meal!

No comments: