Sunday, June 21, 2009

JB World Tour 2009!

The day of the Jonas Bros. concert finally rolled around.

I went to pick up Liz & Rebecca and head out to Sweet & Sassy where Rebecca would be all "made-up" for the concert, thanks to her winning tickets.

Before we headed towards the store, I had Rebecca pose for some pictures at the fountain area at the mall. There are several "fake" waterfalls with beautiful rocks that make for a great backdrop. I was determined to make this day as memorable for Rebecca as I could.

We showed up at the store at 2:30 and were told to wait until 3pm which is when they would get started on glamming up Rebecca.

3 o'clock rolled around and off she went to the "superstar chair." Rebecca began getting her make-up and hair done.

While she did that, Liz and I waited for her nearby. We were approached by a lady that I had noticed taking pictures. I am not for sure if she was the owner or something to do with the store, but she asked us who would be riding with Rebecca to which Liz responded, we both were. (You see she had called earlier in the week and asked if she could come along as well on the limo, and was told yes).

The next thing we knew, the lady came back and told us that only one person could ride with Rebecca. A gentleman who seemed to be possibly her husband also came up and told us he would see how to get this resolved so that Liz could come along, as she insisted I go with Rebecca so that I could take lots of pictures of her and the day's events.

While we waited, Liz got a call from Albert telling her to meet him at a nearby gas station so that she could get the extra ticket he had that would get her into the concert. I volunteered to drive and get it so that Liz could stay behind with Rebecca.

I barely made it back in time to get in the limo, as it was almost getting ready to leave. When I returned, I could tell Liz was not all that happy and when I asked her what was wrong, she basically told me that the lady that was given her trouble (and who happened to be taking pictures of the winning girls, or so we thought), had acted completely rude towards Rebecca and she called her out on it.

I felt really bad for Liz because I could tell that she was hurt, I mean this is her daughter that was getting "dissed," and if it was Sydney, I'd be upset too - heck, I was upset because it was Rebecca we were talking about, but I decided not to let it get to me. Luckily Rebecca had me there to document her every step - who needs anyone else taking pictures when she had me!!!!

Anyways, we finally all made it into the limo, the PINK limo people! This thing was so cool and for someone who's never ridden in one, ummm, that would be ME, this was the coolest deal ever. As it was on the outside, it was PINK all on the inside. Right before we left, the gentleman choose me from the adults riding in the limo to be in charge of the "remote." This remote would control the video, sound, lighting, you name it, this little baby controlled it.

Once the instructions were given about the rest of the day, the doors closed and off we went to the concert. On the way over there, we got to talking to one of the other 2 winners, 16 year old Lindsey from Wylie, and her mom, Nola. It was so much fun talking with them. It turns out that we know some people they know, which made it even more interesting. This is definitely a small world.

On the way to the concert, the girls did several sessions of screaming, "We love the Jonas Brothers!" As the time went by, I began to get more and more excited about going to see this boy band that all the little girls are dying for.

We came to a stop at 360 & Clyde where we met up with 6 other PINK LIMOS from other stores that were also headed towards the concert. We weren't allowed to get off because we were literally "pulled over" on the side of the highway and it would be too dangerous! I handed my camera to a lady that was documenting the events for Sweet & Sassy, and she captured the cool "pink limo caravan" that would be heading on 360 for the remainder of the drive.

We finally arrived at the stadium, "The Cowboys Stadium!" I seriously almost fainted. I couldn't believe that I would be minutes away from being in there thanks to the Jonas Brothers & Sweet & Sassy & well of course, Rebecca being lucky and winning tickets to the concert!

The limo driver pulled up to the stadium where we were treated like movie stars - a group of people opened the doors for us and helped us out. We asked for directions where to enter for our seats and immediately headed that way. I was more than excited at this point, as my feet were walking on the grounds of the new stadium.

We found our entrance "J" and made our way up to our seats. We didn't get tickets on the floor like some had thought, but instead had tickets in section 328. Let me tell you though, the seats were still AWESOME! The way the stadium is made and thanks to the ENORMOUS screens that Jerry Jones put in there, it doesn't matter where you are sitting, the view is great.

While we waited for the concert to start, I told Liz I would get some nachos and drinks so that I could get my hands on the souvenir cups for the inauguration of the stadium. Liz and I headed towards the concession stands and purchased two drinks ($6.00 each) and 1 order of ultimate nachos ($8.50). The young lady asked if I wanted anything on my nachos and I told her just extra cheese. I got my nachos and they were loaded with yummy melted cheese all over.

Liz and I started making our way back to our seats and when we got to our section, the usher turned around to ask for our tickets and ran right into Liz. In case you haven't figured out what happened next, let me explain. Liz had almost every ounce of that nacho cheese on her chest, blouse and arm. It was cheesy all over her. The usher lady was so apologetic and the first thing Liz said to her in response to her apology was, "May we please get new nachos!" I thought that was so hilarious. I do have to say that Liz remained a good sport in spite of what had just transpired. We got our new order of nachos and back to our seats we went - this time with the usher following behind us - per her own choosing!!!!

The concert finally got started. The opening act was a group from New York, "Honor Society." They played about 4 songs which were pretty cool. Next came a girl, sorry, I don't know her name. She sang like 2 songs - she was okay.

Finally, the American Idol contestant, Jordan Sparks, came on stage. She put on a riveting performance, rocking the crowd and getting everyone even more excited about the main performance of the night, "The Jonas Bros."

After a brief break, the lights dimmed and the crowd went wild. All you could hear was a roar of screaming girls with their shrieks and yells waiting for those boys to come on stage.

A cool backdrop lighted up and from the inside of the stage up came the 3 brothers singing away. Now, I'll admit that I don't have names for any of their songs as I am not a big fan - but boy did they put on a heck of a show. Before I knew it, I was up on my feet dancing away with my little buddie, Meagan, that I met at the concert. I was having so much fun.

I can't tell you how long the concert went on for, as I seriously lost track of time. After a brief break, out came Jordan Sparks again and did a number with them. That girl has a powerful voice. They did a number of songs and then began to wrap up the concert. After that night, I'll never ever leave a concert when the singer or group leaves the stage for the first time.

Not that we did anyway, but a lot of people, including Meagan, her dad and sister left thinking I'm sure that the concert was over. Maybe at the most, 5 minutes went by and then out of nowhere, a girls voice was heard.

The crowd went nuts again. I didn't obviously recognize the voice but all the girls in the packed stadium DID. Out she comes and I couldn't believe it - it was Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) herself. Okay so for those of you that don't know, this was a total and complete shock to everyone - she was NOT part of the lineup.

She did a song with her ex-boyfriend, whichever one of the boys that is. It was actually really nice. Off she went after the one song and then all 3 appeared again and performed another song with some rapper guy.

After this song, then it was bye bye for reals this time. Everyone came back on stage and bowed to the crowd. Now you would have thought that our fun ended there, well you are wrong - our second round of fun was just getting started.

I'll spare you all anymore reading and just say that we walked almost the entire parking lot back and forth and then back again all to end up crossing the congested street with a police officer in tow to jump into our limo before the light turned green so that we could get back home.

All the while we were, I was, laughing my head off - it was so much fun! This night will definitely go down in the books.

I've got no complaints whatsoever even though I got home at 1:00 a.m. instead of the predicted 10:30 by Sweet & Sassy!



Rebecca all dressed up for the concert!



Liz & Rebecca!



Rebecca & The Coolest Tia in the Whole Wide World - ME!



Thank you Sweet & Sassy!



All made up and ready to roll!



Strut it girl!



In the limo!



Everyone that passed us up would just stare at the PINK LIMO! We decided to have some fun and roll down the window and wave to people passing by. Most of them were good sports and waived back!



The limo caravan that was about to head out towards the stadium!



Finally, what I have been wanting to see for so long now & I'm actually going in!



All the Sweet & Sassy limos pulling into the stadium!



The tickets!



On Cowboys Territory!



2 of the 3 contest winners: Rebecca & Lindsey!



Pretty!



The stage!



The awesome roof. Too bad Jerry Jones didn't open it that night!



The unmistakeable star! No more needed!



Jordan Sparks!



Rockin' the crowd!



Here they come!



Are you ready?



The Jonas Brothers!



The lights & laser show were spectacular!



Beautiful!



No more instruments needed!



For part of the show, the center of the stage was replaced with a trampoline - the boys did all sorts of acrobatic moves - it was pretty cool!



During a break, this video clip of Joe Jonas came on. It was hilarious - he was dancing to the Beyonce song, "If You Liked It Then You Should Have Put a Ring on It!"



Here, they were lifted on a crane and went into the crowd and sprayed them with foam!



Jordan Sparks back again for a duet!



Powerful!



The surprise of the night - Miley Cyrus!



The crowd went wild!



Wrapping up a great performance!



Great concert!



Away they go!



BEAUTIFUL! WHAT A SHOW....WHAT A STADIUM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the pix - - sounds like y'all had a fabulous time!