Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Swimming Lessons: Day 2

Today was the second day of Sydney's swimming lessons.

I had to go get her from day care way across town and come to the other end of town for the classes. We made it to the pool by 5:10 with only minutes to change her into her swimsuit.

She of course was all happy and ready to go. We made it with a few minutes to spare so while we waited outside the gate, I made sure to apply sunscreen on her.

Her name was finally called and in she went for her lesson. Ms. Kristen and her got into the water and picked up from the day before....practicing putting her head under water.

As the session progressed, I started to notice that maybe they were practicing on getting her to float on her back. At first Sydney resisted as she held her head up but then she went ahead and laid flat in the water on her back.

It was the cooolest thing to watch her. Of course the instructor had one hand under her back, but I was just so surprised at how well she responded.

I would have been on the bottom of the floor or begging to be upright.

At first I thought that maybe 9 lessons might not be enough to get her to swim, but if the class continues to progress the way it is, and if none of the classes get cancelled, I think she will be well on her way.

Here are a few pictures from today's lesson. I'll spill my beans and tell you all that I didn't take 54 pictures of her like the first day. It was more like 30!!!!!!!

What can I say, I love my Sydney poo and love taking pictures!



Day 2!




"Wuz Up Momma!"



Waiting patiently!



Waiting on instructions for the day's lesson!



Here we go!



It's amazing how well she pays attention and does what she is told!



Like a pro!



"Look at me, I'm making splashes in the water!"



Has the concept down. Move your head from side to side!



Couldn't be happier!



We did MUCH BETTER today exiting the pool! No tantrums!



I got this down Miss!



Getting ready to go!



What a day! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way cool pictures - - what a great way to spend a hot summer day :=)