Friday, June 12, 2009

Safety Day!

Today's class was about safety.

The kiddos went through their normal routine of sitting down and reviewing the daily poster.

After that was done, they started to get up and it was so funny to see how quickly a routine sets in. The next thing I saw was Sydney reaching for Ms. Kristen's hand and heading towards the pool.

Ms. Kristen quickly pointed out to her that they were heading a different direction. All the kids and instructors headed towards the end of the pool to get life vest on.

Once all the kids and instructors were ready with their vests on, the supervisor and one of the instructors demonstrated what the kids would be doing. This was a little nerve wracking for me to watch, as I was unsure about Sydney doing it - even though she would float right back up.

What the kids were to do was get on the edge of the pool and basically jump off - not dive in, but jump directly in the water and then float back up. Okay people, for someone like myself that is scared of the water, to expect me to sit there and watch Sydney do this was absolutely SCARY!!!!

All the kids went and the last one to go was Sydney. It looked as she sat there and waited that she was okay with doing this but when it came time for her to jump in, she did hesitate a little, barely nothing and went in. All the time, I was trying to keep myself from fainting just watching her do this....I'll be glad to report that I survived.

The rest of the class they just "swam" around. Sydney as always, looked like she was having the time of her life - she really loves the water.



Sydney just being plain silly!



Waiting as patient as she can be. Check out those calf's, by the way!



Ms. Kristen trying on Sydney's flip flops.



Poster time! This one was specially import because it dealt with "safety" in the pool!



On their way to get their life vests.



All geared up and waiting patiently to go in the pool!



Okay, I can't sit a minute longer, please let it be my turn next!



Finally!!!!!



Yippee! In the water I go!



Sydney was just loving it.....the little girl in front of her, not so much!



Almost at the end of class, and she is STILL smiling!

No comments: