Thursday, September 1, 2011

CrossFit - Introductory Foundation Class: Day 2

I was ready to go when lunchtime rolled aroung today. Funny enough, I wasn't even comtemplating food, all I wanted to do was get rolling with my workout. It was a little harder to take down notes today since it seems like Mr. Selders is going to be trying to work some more routines in as our classes get going, but I will definitely try my best.

Here is a breakdown of what we did today:

The Medley (and no it does not involve fruit):

Jog (1-4-1)
Shuffle (1-21-1)
Jog (1-4-1)
Carioca (1-21-1)
Jog (1-4-1)
Back Pedal (1-2-1)
Jog (1-4-1)

Pigeon Stretch:

Sitting on the floor, on your knees, take one leg and bend it up like you are sitting "Indian Style". Let the opposite leg stretch back keeping the knee down. Posture is key so keep your spine aligned, your chest lifted and breath DEEP. Hold for 15-30 seconds and alternate legs.


For our DROM (Dynamic Range In Motion) today we did the following:

Standing press


Push Press


Thruster


Only difference is I used a 15lb bar (substitute that for individual weights).

Wall Ball


Throw upwards the ball to hit the edge of the target and as the ball is coming down, go into a squat position and then as you are coming up, throw the ball back towards the target. Repeat.

For this I used a 3kg ball.


We did the one the lady in the middle is doing with the feet straight out.

*************************************************************

I can say that I survived my first two days of this intense training...looking forward to what is to come.

Also, I have read some of the Whole9's Nutrition Guide and as of right now (2:45 p.m.) I have had no carbonated drinks nor candy. So proud of msyelf.

No comments: