Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Franco De Vita En Primera Fila Tour Mira Mas Alla 2011!!!

So last week Frank mentioned to me that he had heard Franco de Vita was coming to town...the only catch in telling me this was that the locale for his presentation would be at none other than FarWest (ghetto club in Dallas). On top of this, it was his understanding at first, that tickets could only be won to the concert and not purchased.

My reason in pointing out all of these facts is that for one and very important point, I have passed up seeing a number of artist at this club because in my opinion, they kill 2-for-1 and it is ghetto...I have seen clips on tv of local rock, pop, norteno, etc., nights and there is nothing but raunchy girls and undress me with your eyes guys that go there.

Though I really, really like Franco de Vita's music, I was having issues with even contemplating the idea of going. On top of this, I basically threw the option out of the window of seeing him because I hardly ever try to win any tickets on the local radio stations.

Then as if by pure luck, I saw someone post on FB that they wanted to go see him and were probably going to purchase tickets - this idea completely turned things in a different direction.

Next thing I knew, Frank was mentioning to me that Franco de Vita was coming to town and tickets were on sale....he basically overlooked all my worries about FarWest and just told me he was almost certain that because of the artist and type of music, a completely different type of crowd than what normally attends would be there and that I had nothing to worry about.

Still thinking about whether I wanted to purchase tickets or not, Frank surprised me with purchasing a pair as a birthday gift to me....after having seen Franco de Vita in concert last night, I am SO glad that I got to see him.

With this said, I must admit that this will probably be my first and last concert at that venue - here is a brief explanation as to why. The doors didn't open until about 8:30...we arrived and sat in the parking lot at about 6:15 and proceeded to stand in line from about 6:45 to 8:30. When we were finally let in, we approached the very front of the stage so that I could get the best place in the house (for pictures, of course). Low and behold we stood there doing nothing (absolutely nothing) until about 9:30 when a local band, Alebrije, came on to perform before Franco de Vita.

Alebrije played until a little after 11:00 p.m. and we waited about 20 minutes for the stage to be cleared of their equipment and for VDV Crew to finish setting up his stuff. Then finally around 11:30...the man of the hour showed up.

The rest of the concert is history...one for the books, of course....I tell you, it was absolutely an amazing, fun, good music-filled concert. Franco de Vita knows how to put on a show and to top it off, well, his music is just great..very inspiring and very romantic.

The concert ended at 1:30 and we got home at 2:00 a.m. and straight to bed. :)


Frank looking like a stud muffin!



Alebrije!!









This poor guy (Cubano) kept being called Kalimba.

No comments: