Thursday, September 8, 2011

CrossFit - Introductory Foundation Class: Day 4!!!

Today wraps up the last Foundation class for CrossFit! I must say that I am a bit scared because though some of the stuff we did during these last four classes were a bit challenging (e.i. medley & wall walks), I know that come next Tuesday, Mr. Selders is going to crank up like 3 notches the intensity of the hour we are with him. I am looking forward to the classes and hopefully some great results.

Here is a brief breakdown of what we did today.

We started off with our daily warm-up routine..this time it was the 400-meter run.

We then moved inside and did a series of rowing exercises on a machine.


* 5 reps of pulling in the finished position
* 5 reps of forward & back
* 5 reps of rowing.

Next we did what is called box jumps. I attempted to do them on a 20 inch box, but only did it one time and then freaked out..finished off the routine on a 12-inch box.


The following routine we did was a little nerve wracking. It is called Wall Walks.


I came so close to finishing it off but got scared and didn't finish all the way through...I will conquer this.

Next we did a back squat with a 5-foot PVC pipe.


Last, we did a routine of plate situps with a 15-lb weight.


The model looks a tad bit too happy - though they seem fairly easy, I'm sure once I do about 15-20, I will be crying like a baby.

Before class finished, we went over our Whole9's Nutrition Guide - Mr. Selders said that starting Monday, we are to begin this..more information to come. What I already have an upper hand on is that I don't drink alcohol - seems some people might have an issue with that...I have been adherent to this nutrition plan for the last week or so, and so I hope that what is next to come will not be too difficult.

Until next time...Tuesday, that is.

Tonight I am going to enjoy seeing Franco de Vita with Frank at Far West...wohoooo!!!

No comments: