Thursday, September 11, 2008

My 28th Birthday!

I was extremely blessed to be able to celebrate another birthday last week, September 3rd. I turned the big 28, and you know what, it was the BEST birthday I've had in years.

It all started with my friend Christina treating me to lunch on Tuesday at Chili's...I walked away with the "traditional song" sang to me by our shy waiter and a chocolate flavored dish to go....that was pretty good.

I got a new pair of "hooker" shoes, courtesy of Frank (and Sydney, I think), to replace the ones Ruth gave me, with some very nice cards. Ms. Becky from court gave me some candle holders with 2 candles and a card.

Liz was nice enough to treat me to lunch (Burger Street). In Plano, I was treated to dinner (Wing Street), with a huge cake and some pumpkin pie to top it all off. On Friday of that week, the cousins and Mario who also joined us, celebrated at one of my favorite places, The Olive Garden.

The best part of it all was the birthday wishes I received. I mean I even got an email from my aunt in Monterrey and with all the stuff I read on the internet and subscribe to, won't you believe that I got birthday wishes from Carter Blood Care and 103.7 lite fm (radio station I listen to).

I truly felt special that day....definitely turned out to be GREAT! It's nice to know people remember such things as birthdays with the busy schedules we all lead now a days.

Here are some pictures of the week long celebration.


























































No comments: