Tuesday, September 9, 2008

El Rancho

Even with all the rain that was happening in Monterrey, I woke up on Saturday morning and asked my uncle if we would still make the trip out to his ranch on the outskirts of the city. You see, if you are at all into the nature and peace and quiet deal, you'd be sure to love this place. Mind you, the last time I had been here must have been at least 10 years, if not more, but I still had the vivid picture of it in my head.

Just the thought of the place brought such tranquility. We ended up heading out a little after 2 p.m. which was later than I would have wanted but either way, the thing was that we were going rain or shine. Well, because during the entire trip one of our cousins had to ride along just in case we got lost, this time it was Netitos (Jesus Ernesto's) turn to guide us to the ranch. We started out following my uncle but then he busted one of this typical driving moves and made an unexpected u-turn and since Albert couldn't quite make it in time, my cousin just directed him a different route. Well halfway through the drive and while sitting in traffic, my cousin confessed that he took us the route we were on because it had less lights than the route my uncle ended up taking - he never expected there to be such horrible traffic.

Needless to say, we got to the ranch around 3:30pm. On the way in, we stopped to get some grilled chicken that smelled delicious. I made note that the road off of the major highway was now paved and wasn't before. My cousin kindly explained that this was done by a local soccer team, Los Rayados de Monterrey, because they built some a facility to practice further up the road.

We finally made it to the ranch and since we were starving, we sat down and ate. That was the best chicken ever that we ate along with some rice and beans. After we were done eating, we went for a tour of the ranch and the houses my uncle has built for my cousins. I must say that they are all very nice. One of my cousins built his house to resemble the White House (yes like the one in Washington), and although it is not finished, it is very nice both from the outside and inside.

The ranch itself is of course gorgeous. Everywhere you turn, all you see is green. Eventhough it's not that far away from the city, the air smelled so clean and the breeze was so cool. If you stayed quiet, literally silence and maybe an ocassional bird chirping is all you could hear - ah just wonderful. I am not much into the whole living out in the middle of nowhere, but for a place like this, I'd live here forever, hands down.

I don't necessarily like being in front of the camera, I'd much rather be the one taking the pictures, but on this trip, I must say I was not camera shy and got people to take snapshots of me with all the beautiful scenery. We stayed at the ranch until a little after 7 pm then headed out back to the city to go to my other uncles house, Ezequiel, who was having a little shin dig for his daughter who turned 15 in May.

Below you'll find some pictures from the ranch. During the entire trip, I took over 500 pictures, but obviously cannot put them all here..these are just a few.


This was my favorite shot of the entire pictures I
took at the ranch. I don't mean to brag, but doesn't
it just look like something you'd find on a postcard?



MOUNTAINS


This is the path from the main house that
sits at the top that leads you to the rest of
the ranch that has my cousins' houses.


My younger cousins (Catalina's) house. He
wanted it to resemble the White House.





Me - being silly! (Quick note...I told Angie after she took
the picture that I should have posed the other way. Do you
know how hard it was to hold all my weight from sliding down
that ledge? :)




Isn't it just beautiful? The mountains!



GORGEOUS!!






No comments: