Friday, August 19, 2011

The Hottest Half - 10K

Last Sunday the day rolled around again to run in the race that got my running obsession started a little over a year ago.

With the record breaking temperatures we have had this summer here in North Texas, I knew to expect a very hot race. Though I thought that I would be running alone this year since Erica moved to Donna, she traveled up here for the weekend to pick up Jr., and signed up at the last minute to race as well.

I was very excited that this year, we had more of a cheer crowd bigger than any of the other 2 races I've ran in. A big thank you to Frank, Sydney, Liz, & Eva for being thereto support us.


Erica & I ready to roll for 6.2 miles.


Sydney poo & I. Watch out for her as soon she too will be running marathons.


Getting those stretches in.


Our awesome shoes that would eventually get us to the finish line.


At the start line.


Erica coming in after a great finish.


So close to the finish line!!!


Very proud of my medal!!!! Looking forward to the next run.


Job well done!!!


Thank you for coming out to support me, corazon.


Maybe we can soon get Liz & Eva to join us in the running craze.


My wonderful momentos.

No comments: