Tuesday, December 16, 2008

North Texas Blizzard......

Well not really, but considering how much I detest the cold.....anything below 75 is hell frozen over to me.

Seriously though, I can't even begin to explain just how messed up the weather has been around here.

Just on Sunday it was sunny and a warm 80 degrees and by like 9 p.m. that night, it had dropped to around 40 degrees.

We woke up Monday morning to 30 degree temperatures and did not get higher than that the entire day. On Monday afternoon when I got ready to head to Plano, I seriously had to defrost my truck for about 10 minutes to get all the sleet off the windshield.

On the way out of Plano, I almost fell with all the ice that was on the parking lot - but managed to balance and avoid an almost funny scene.

I've attached some pics of the wintry weather.

BTW, we are supposed to be in maybe the 60's by tomorrow and then will be with Summer temps by Sunday with yet another round of frigid temperatures by Monday morning.

Call me a whimp all you want, especially if you live somewhere were it actually snows but you know a reporter on the Dallas News put it best on an article on Sunday saying we needed to brace ourselves to experience temperatures ranging from Florida to Minnesota to Florida again for the next several days. As much as I don't like the cold, I would deal with it if it could just make up it's mind, you know what I'm saying.

Nothing sums it up best as far as Texas weather goes like this next quote, "If you don't like the weather in Texas today, wait until tomorrow!"












Can't really see it but my truck was registering 30 degrees at 5 p.m. By 9 p.m. when I was getting ready to leave Plano, it was a frigid 24 degrees. Burrr!





2 comments:

Brea said...

I'll give it to you this time :) Crazy Texas!

Anonymous said...

I hear you on anything below 75 being cold! Glad I wasn't around for this deep freeze :=)