Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Surprise Party!

Ever since I joined "Farmville" on Facebook, I've been quite addicted and it's only been about 3 weeks. Since I cannot access the game anywhere but home, I had agreed with la Sra. Adriana that I would go over to her house today in the evening to have her help me out with my farm.

I almost called her and told her I'd go another day because quite frankly, Sydney was in a bad mood and I thought I'd give her a bath and put her to bed. I decided not to back out and drove over to her house.

She had just called me and said she was headed home, if not there already, from soccer practice so when I showed up at her house and didn't see her vehicle in the driveway, I was a little puzzled. I did see Frank's car and even Joel's truck and figured they had come over for a game of Madden.

I rang the doorbell and was in for the shock of my life when the door opened up. The next thing I hear is "SURPRISE," and the lights come on and won't you believe there were balloons hanging from the ceiling and a table with a cake and gifts towards the back and the back wall decorated as well.

I was greeted by the Sra. Adriana, and then Frank and then the rest of the group, Shelby, Summer, Joel, Deanna, and el Sr. Gustavo. I have to give Frank credit for putting this all together along with the help of some good friends.

We got to enjoy some yummy fajitas and ribs, with all the sides and a delicious cake too!

I guess turning older is not so bad when you have surprises like this!



Pretty decorations!



My yummy cake!



La Sra. Adriana, me, and Deanna!



Shelby & I!



Sydney & I!



Frank & I!



My cake and gifts!



Cake bite!



Usually your face gets dunked into the cake courtesy of the guests, but mine were very nice to me and were okay with a little tad of icing on my nose!



A set of three gorgeous bracelets with Longhorn charms...courtesy of la Sra. Adriana, el Sr. Gustavo, Andrea and Adrian.



Body wash and lotion from Bath & Body Works - Sweet Pea scent courtesy of Ms. Deanna, Joel, Shelby & Summer!



US Soccer team jersey. Frank went through the trouble of putting on the name and number of my favorite US player, Landon Donovan!

No comments: