Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Angie's 15th Birthday Bash!

If you would have asked me years ago would I believe we'd be celebrating Angie's
15th birthday now, I would have laughed and told you, "Oh, that's years away!!!!"

Well imagine then how Albert and Araceli, Angie's parents, must feel saying they are the parents of a 15-year old beautiful teenager!

If you know Angie, you know that she is quieter than a mouse....and I ain't kidding about that. That girl will not talk to anyone in her family, much less a stranger. It is very difficult to get her to open up but hey, that is what defines Angie, what make her unique and you learn to accept it - no harm is meant on her part.

With that said, she apparently had already expressed to her parents that they could save themselves lots of money and not give her the traditional quinceanera that we usually have for when girls turn 15!

With a day into a new house, Albert and Laura, somehow tidied up their new place and with the help of Araceli and her family who provided a great pork "guisado," put on the BEST last minute fiesta to celebrate Angie's birthday.

I really have to bow down and give it to them for doing this with such little time. Even with all her shyness and lack of expression, I'm sure Angie really appreciated all that was done for her.



Angie & Araceli (her mom).



Angie & AJ.



Angie & Sydney...being silly, as always.



Angie & Liz.



Angie and Albert, her dad.



Angie & me.



Angie & Eva.



Angie & her birthday cake.



Patty & I.



Angie & Ruth.



Frank & Sydney poo.



Araceli & I.



Angie & Laura.



My big brother & I.

No comments: