Saturday, September 12, 2009

Brad Paisely American Saturday Night Tour!




Went out with Frank to Super Pages to see the one and only Brad Paisely. I had requested to have my tickets picked up at "Will Call," as I wanted the actual ticket and not a paper copy from Ticketmaster that is frankly really boring.

We arrived and to our great surprise did not have to pay for the $30 parking that had been advertised. We headed directly towards the ticket booth all the while making an observation of something really odd.

It seemed that we were the only Hispanics in the mist of a sea of white people. I know that maybe not a whole heck of a lot of Hispanics like country music, but I had no clue it was to this extreme. It was really, really weird to look around all these people and not see another Hispanic around.

We finally made our way into the concert area and found our seats, which thankfully were located towards the back but still under the covered area. You see, Superpages has a lawn section for which you paid like $15. On any other given day, that would have been just fine, but tonight is had been sprinkling all day long and did so all throughout the concert. People were completely drenched by the time it was all over.

There were two opening acts: Jimmie Wayne and Dierks Bentley. Both were really good but I was just ready to see Brad Paisley. He finally came on stage and put on a great show, just like the previous two I had seen back in Austin when he was just getting started.

I do have to say though, that I was a bit disappointed he did not play more of his old songs, but it was a great concert nonetheless.





Jimmy Wayne!



Frank & I.



Dierks Bentley.



The man himself....Brad Paisley!!!!!















This was right after the concert...in the truck. You can't really tell, but we were soaked from head to toe!

No comments: