Monday, May 4, 2009

Fishing: Take Two!

So, I didn't get all the fishing I wanted out of my system on Saturday and when the idea came up to head back out on Sunday (after the storm of course), I was like, okay, but then almost didn't go because I wasn't able to get a hold of my sister to see if she'd watch Sydney.

We decided to take her along and see just how she'd do and boy, let me tell you that little chica surprised all of us. We were out there for a total of five (5) hours and she had a total of maybe 20 minutes of "her moment." I was so proud of her.

So the day turned out to be gorgeous - perfect fishing day - not hot at all but cool enough to be comfortable with a light sweater, though at times, I was freezing! It took a while for me to get anything and when I finally thought I had my first fish, I was disappointed for a brief moment thinking my line was caught up with Joel's line, only to find out that the darn fish had got caught on both of our hooks. It was the coolest thing ever.

Overall we had a pretty good day - caught maybe around 30 fish (stiper, hybrid) for a total of possibly 100 lbs.



Sydney with all her fishing gear ready to go!



Sydney Poo & I! We were waiting at the Bass Pro boat ramps!



Sydney in action.



Stupid fish!



Seriously, if you don't believe me, just look closer. That's what he gets for trying to eat 2 fish!



He may be stupid, but I'm still PROUD!



That fish was a tad too close to Sydney!



Sometimes it seems that fishing does come down to luck! Ms. Deanna waited, patiently, and I do mean patiently for this catch!

No comments: