Monday, April 27, 2009

Cowboys Draft Day Party 2009

On Saturday some friends and I went out to the Arlington Convention Center to watch the Dallas Cowboys Draft Party live - well, with a bunch of other Cowboy fans.

It was my first time ever going to something like this and I had no clue to expect. I found out this was happening from going to the Cowboys website and then I coincidentally heard it on the radio. All I knew was that the doors opened at 6 and alone or with company, I was going to be there.

We headed out a little after 5 p.m. and without much traffic arrived around 5:30. When we arrived, there were already quite a few people, but in the time we stood in line waiting for the doors to open, a bunch of more people showed up, and I do mean a bunch.

While we were in line, we were just kidding around...having a good time. I pointed out to my friend, la Sra. Adriana, that she uses quite frequently a phrase that basically translates to "swear it." Kind of like saying promise....but it sounds so much funnier in Spanish "juramelo." I swear she said only after I pointed it out did she not realize that she used it so much. We had a kick out of that phrase the rest of the night...promise...for everything we'd be like "juramelo." :)

The doors finally opened and in we went. There was a lot of Cowboys memorabilia for the fan lover like me to just stare in awe and snap photos of. In the time we were there, we didn't see any players. We got Rowdy and some Cowboys Cheerleaders autograph, and then chased down Rowdy outside for a picture.

After scoping out the territory and heading outside as well to see some mobile units that had some more neat Cowboys stuff, we decided to head out.

We headed to this restaurant in Addison, "Los Palomos," I believe is the name. Anyway, they sell some good tacos and we ate some of those..yummy....then it was time to head home.

Here are some pics of the fun afternoon.




The new Cowboys stadium. It still does not have a name, well at least that's been made to the public, but betcha it will have something to do with Tom Landry.



Going into the Convention Center. This is probably the same helmet the players run through as they are going unto the field as they are being named, at least that's what I want to believe, makes it even that more special.



They had this headless manequin right as soon as you walked in. I thought, what the heck, it's the only way and remotely close I'll ever get to "be in" a Cowboys cheerleader uniform - you gotta have a killer body and know great dance moves and be like gorgeous to be one of them.....:)



My friend, la Sra. Adriana, posing for the camera. SMILE!



He is one of my favorite players. Side note, I actually purchased my Explorer from his dealership and while I was signing my life away, literally, to purchase the truck, the man (good-looking) stood right beside me and I became like a block of ice - still as a rock...didn't even say a word...it was as if someone ate my tongue...oh I was so mad at myself afterward, oh well!



Silly me, check out my hands, tried to hold on, only to realize they were inflatable...DUH!




La Sra. Adriana & I.



Check out that Mustang! Beautiful!



Pretty ladies!



Rowdy, official mascot of the 'boys!



The cheerleaders.



This is when we chased Rowdy outside to get an individual pic.



Whoever is under this suit, is funny! Rowdy was tickling us and that is why we are both laughing so hard. He also took my friend and gave her a big wet one earlier (I'll let her post the pics on her blog). Too graphic. :)



The trophies!



Just beautiful. The stadium & I of course!




Sparks. New beer Miller Lite is coming out with.



My all-time favorite player and the reason why I love #22...Emmitt Smith!



The new stadium.



Last picture before we go!



"Juramelo, that I had a great time, well I did!"




My Rowdy autographed picture!



My Cowboys Cheerleaders autographed picture!

************************************************************************************

A little update, these were the players that were added to the Cowboys roster after the weekend draft:
Dallas Cowboys 2009 Draft Class


Jason Williams
LB/6-1/238
Western Illinois

Robert Brewster
T/6-4/325
Ball State

Stephen McGee
QB/6-3/225
Texas A&M

Victor
Butler
OLB/6-2/248
Oregon State

Brandon
Williams
OLB/6-2/254
Texas Tech

DeAngelo
Smith
S/5-11/194
Cincinnati

Michael Hamlin
FS/6-2/214
Clemson

David
Buehler
K/6-2/227
Southern Cal

Stephen
Hodge
SS/6-0/234
Texas Christian

John
Phillips
TE/6-5/251
Virginia

Mike
Mickens
CB/6-1/186
Cincinnati

Manuel
Johnson
WR/5-11/189
Oklahoma

No comments: