Monday, August 24, 2009

2nd Grade!

It just seems like yesterday when school was being let out for the summer and all of us parents were having to figure out how on Earth we were going to keep our impatient, always "bored out of my mind," kids entertained and then wham, just like that, the summer is OVER and it's back to the first day of school.

Well for me, that means the first day of 2nd grade for 7 year-old Sydney. Because of the program she is in through the district, her teacher and school would remain the same and more than likely will through 5th grade, but nonetheless, as camera crazy as I am, had to document the occasion for the memory vault.

Sydney was quite excited to go back to school, at least every time I asked she said, "yeah," then again, she does for everything, but heck, I'll take that....beats her saying no and dealing with a tantrum from her.

I walked her into the school and to the cafeteria where her class meets in the morning and she got very excited when she saw Ms. Regalado, one of the TA's she had last year. I was sad to find out that Mr. Brand, the other TA, did not come back, but happy to hear he now has his own LIFE Skills class in another school - way to go Sir. Sydney's new TA, Lacey Boruk, looks to be very friendly, so I don't see any problems with Sydney adjusting to her. As for Ms. Padden, well she's the best so I'm looking forward to another great year and I'm certain we will see Sydney develop even more as the year progresses.



My Sydney poo from behind getting ready to head out to school. I swear, I can't ever deny her, if you ever observe me from the back when I'm wearing a chongo, we look identical - it's kind of scary.



I swear these pants are capri's and not high water jeans people, I'm not that cruel. You try shopping for a 7 year old who can still fit into size 2T clothes which is not made for schoolers and in schoolers colors. I think she still looks adorable



Showing off her backpack - unlike last year, she is more into Disney's Little Mermaid, Ariel, and so I went off and found the perfect backpack.



A very common sight once school starts again. That's the only thing I dislike about when school is in session, all the school zones and getting stuck behind a bus that picks up kiddos every 10 ft down a 1 mile stretch.



Being silly!



Proud momma!



On my way out, one last picture before I leave the big girl alone for her first day of 2nd grade. Side note, check out her windows (missing teeth) & her very overgrown front tooth...my poor child.

No comments: