Monday, March 16, 2009

Vacation: Part I

My long awaited vacation is FINALLY here. I have not had a week off from work (entire/whole) in over two years, so it's quite overdue.

While most newscast at home are talking about the popular "staycations" thanks to the economy, I decided a vacation was still happening for me...money or no money.

So you ask yourself, "where did I go?" Easy, none other than to my dad's in "The Valley." I've been here since Saturday and of course the "events" and "memorable moments" have not been an exception, in just my 2nd full day here.

I'll try to be brief as I am attempting to "blog" from my phone, but just to give you an idea of what my trip has been like so far.

I'm running from all the rain and cold in Garland only to come here to tropical South Texas and find the same crappy weather. Today finally, the sun graced us with it's presence and the entire day was just GORGEOUS!

But again to give a glimpse into the drama....my dad and his son decide to take off walking home while at an uncle's house...what they were thinking is beyond me.

The whole butt-crack of dawn rooster awakening is still bright and early (as was the case when I was here last July). The "funky" happenings are still at the call of the day.

Although, this might end up more like "work away from home" because of some parental matters Liz and I are trying to resolve for my dad, I'm just going to enjoy my time off.

I say that and have to admit I was up @ 8:30 this morning making work-related phone calls thanks to the work email I get on my phone.

I'll apologize beforehand in case my post is screwy...trying my best to give updates.

Laterz...with more excitement to come....no doubt!




My little Sydney Poo!





Happy because the sun finally came out!

No comments: