Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Missing my Sydney!

I had attempted sometime last week to call and speak with Sydney and as it would happen no one answered. I left it at that thinking maybe it was for the best that I didn't speak with her.

I decided today, I'd give it another try and hope that she as well as myself didn't loose it at the end. I called and her cousin, Gabby, answered and I asked her where Sydney was and she said watching tv. I asked her to give Sydney the phone.

The moment I said, "hi Sydney," she responded, "hi mama." I instantly got all choked up. She didn't say much for a while, just laughed and giggled.

I was trying to think of something to get her to say anything then on her own she went, "Ma, ma, " to which I responded, "yes Sydney," and well for those of you that know my little kid, you'll know what the next words out of her mouth were going to be. For those that don't, I'll finish her comment....she said, "baby!"

Oh, this was such a joy to hear although it normally gets on my last nerve because she'll constantly say this and will go on for hours with the same thing.

I asked her if she was ready to come home and see Milo, this would be her dog, and she responded, "si." I told her how much I missed and loved her and on her own she said "I love you."

Of course being her mom I understood - but she seriously did say it, I'm not making it up.

I have really missed her a ton these last 2 weeks but will be seeing her again in 3 days hopefully.

She really is the little person that keeps me going and everyday my prayers are that God give me the strength I need to make sure she never is without.

No comments: