Monday, July 14, 2008

Las Flores (Nuevo Progreso)

Woke up Sunday morning around 9:15 or so which was a bit late for my standards and heard it was STILL raining! I think part of me being able to stay in bed had to do with my prayers finally being answered about the rooster giving us a much needed break from the morning serenatas (serenades). I had gone to bed the night before and I asked, please, pretty please, just let that darn thing forget his days from nights so that it will be 3 p.m. and he's just then getting up and I promise I won't complain. Wish granted!

At this point, it didn't matter. I didn't care about the rooster, the rain, or anything else, all I knew is that we would only be in the Valley that one day and come Monday it was back home - my real home, my bed, my apartment, my stuff, just away from the rain and the Valley.

We got dressed and headed out to Las Flores and spent what amounted to be about 2 1/2 hours there - shopping. The bulk of the shopping was done by Ruth and Rebecca - a lot of looking around, but quite a bit of shopping as well.

My deal was to get some cookies for my aunt Pipa and basically that was it for me.

The rain, although somewhat annoying, did help during our visit, to keep things cooled down a bit...I think the high every day was maybe in the high 80's if that, which was really nice considering we were ready for 100+ degrees and out of the roof humidity.

We finally headed back into the US and made another pit stop at the taco place and I had another round of those.

That afternoon I headed out to see another one of my friends from high school in Edinburg, Erika. Sydney had a good time playing with her daughter, Itzel, and after about 3 hours there, we left.

Headed back home and came back to find Albert and Lala had arrived from Lala's parents.

Stayed up talking until about 2 a.m.

Let's just say that the whole trip involved bugs of some sorts we did not appreciate and other things that I will refrain from writing about and just say made for an eventful trip.

No comments: