Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Last Day of Tutoring at Northlake Elementary!

Today I wrapped up my third year of tutoring at Northlake Elementary. My 4th grade student this year is named Jose Medlin.

He moved to the United States this past summer from Mexico. When I first met Jose in November, he was very shy and quiet but I could see that he was a very intelligent kid.

It blew me by surprise as well to see what manners he had. He is a very respectful young boy. Every Tuesday, I would get him from class and we would go to the library and sit there and work on his assignments from 11:00 - 11:45. Unlike other years, I only had him to tutor and not two different students.

Though it seems like only a few weeks have gone by, today wrapped up 5 monts since we first started tutoring. We never got to practice his English all that much but from his motivation and knowledge, I know that Jose will go very far.

I know he will never read this blog, but I just want to say thank you Jose for making my tutoring experience that much more fun this year. You were a lot of fun to learn with.

No comments: