Thursday, January 8, 2009

Texas Captures Fiesta Bowl

On the same night I was at the Celine Dion concert, I unfortunately had to miss watching the Fiesta Bowl in which my dear UT Longhorns took on No. 10 Ohio State in Glendale, Arizona.

Thank goodness for internet and ESPN Sports...I was getting minute by minute updates while at the concert.

We were waiting to go down the escalator when I got the last update...40 seconds to go in the 4th quarter and we were down by 4 points...I was seriously upset, but held out hope, because if you know anything about football, you know that it ain't over till it's over and I do mean...completely over....

I love my Longhorns and all but I swear those guys are seriously trying to give someone a heart attack....won't you believe they came back to score a touchdown and seal the game with the win 24-21.....

GO LONGHORNS!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight will be the BCS National Championship and although I wish we had been there playing instead of in Arizona, I say go Gators (just for this time) and kick some OU butt!





Texas quarterback Colt McCoy celebrates as he scores against Ohio State during the third quarter of the Fiesta Bowl NCAA college football game in Glendale, Ariz., Monday, Jan. 5, 2009.



Texas wide receiver Quan Cosby is bought down by Ohio State cornerbacks Anderson Russell, right, and Chimdi Chekwa during the fourth quarter of the Fiesta Bowl NCAA college football game in Glendale, Ariz., Monday, Jan. 5, 2009.



Texas running back Chris Ogbonnaya, left, breaks away from Ohio State linebacker Jermale Hines during the third quarter of the Fiesta Bowl NCAA college football game Monday, Jan. 5, 2009, in Glendale, Ariz.



Texas team members celebrate on the field after their 24-21 win over Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl NCAA college football game in Glendale, Ariz., Monday, Jan. 5, 2009.




Colt McCoy & Mack Brown

No comments: