Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sydney Poo or Sydney Chan?

Okay, so on Tuesday, Liz picked up Sydney for me from day care and watched her while I worked in Plano.

I had spoken with Erica earlier in the day and she had told me she would be making entomatadas for dinner and so when I got to their apartment, I was told to go ahead and serve myself since everyone had already eaten.

I was in the kitchen when Sydney comes up to me and as if showing off something, turns around and I immediately notice that she is sporting a very nice Dora backpack. Next thing out of my mouth is, "Sydney, that's a nice backpack." Then a chorus of voices asks, "Is that not her backpack?"

I was like no, and then asked who had bought it for her. Liz is like what do you mean it's not her backpack, doesn't she have a Dora one? I was like, yes she does, but her's is bigger and plus she did not take it to day care today since that one is used for school.

Liz and Rebecca both insisted it was hers all the while saying things in the backpack had Sydney's name on it. I'm standing there thinking, "show me!"

They turn it around to show me the name on the back and walaa, it reads NOT Sydney Colon but instead, Sydney Chan. Next they tell me her jacket was also in the bag and start opening it up to show me how it has her name and again, walaaa...Sydney Chan....mind you I did not send Sydney with a jacket that day so before they even showed me, I knew whatever jacket was in the bag was NOT Sydney Poo's. By this point I think they got the picture that this whole concoction of a very nice Dora backpack was not Sydney's but instead some poor girls, Sydney Chan's.

The funniest thing of all was that Liz kept saying, we wondered why Syney refused to take it off and said all the while she was acting like it was hers. My response which is seriously the honest truth was that my kiddo probably thought someone gave this to her and I'm not kidding, if that kid gets wind that anything is NEW, she's all for it - AND that would be the reason why she refused to take it off. Seriously, wouldn't you want to keep something new on and strut it all around?!?

Anyways, Ruth and Rebecca, but especially Ruth got a big kick out of this because they claim their mother, Liz, says she is perfect and they just were beyond themselves at the mistake that had occurred.

In all defense to Liz and anyone else that wasn't me because I would have known off the bat that was not her bag, the daycare did their part in messing up things as well. They put all of Sydney's...Colon's stuff in the wrong bag and never said or questioned anything.

All in all, it was pretty HILARIOUS!

The one thing we all agreed on was that thank goodness the right Sydney made it home!!!!!!

No comments: