Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pump It Up!












So on Saturday we headed out to a birthday party from one of Sydney's friends - she was turning 4 years old. Her party was going to be held at this place with a bunch of bounce houses and then the party would move to our friends house for some swimming.



Again, this party was for a 4 year old and her friends, so I get Sydney dressed and myself too - put on a nice summer dress with some flip flops - as comfortable as could be.



We get to the place where the party is going to be held at and to my surprise after about 2 minutes of watching the kids go on these bounce houses, I was like, "wonder if I could do this stuff?"



I approached one of the young gentleman that is standing around making sure everyone is following directions (we - the kids, had to watch a video prior to going in the bounce house room with rules and stuff) and asked, "sir, is there an age restriction to getting on these things?"



His response, "No, only rule is that you are wearing socks!"



I was like cool - but then quickly looked down and remembered, chucks I'm wearing darn flip flops - to which my sister (Liz) realizing what I was up to said, "I think Blanca (birthday girl's mom), has some extra socks."



At that very instant, I ran up to her and was like "Blanca, is it true you have extra socks for us to wear?" Of course I didn't even stop to think that the extra socks she brought were for any of the kids that might not have brought some - NOT for the adults - but either way, to my luck, she was like "oh yeah, I have some extra socks."



We went over to where she had them and stripped my feet off of the flip flops and on went the socks.



The rest is history - for the next 2 hours, it was all fun in the bounce houses. The first one I got on, was this type of slide deal. You had to go up some stairs, about 15 steps or so. Mind you this is a bounce house - made of air - so it's not like solid....you are constantly moving. Once you reach the top of the stairs, there is this huge slide for you to come down on - obviously, once you are at the top there is no repenting - the only way back to solid ground is going down the slide.



Let's just say it's the most nerve wracking feeling - absolutely no control of yourself.....at the end of the slide there is a part that is incorporated for you to stop (also inflatable). Of course this is probably meant to stop a kid that weighs no more than 50 lbs not and adult who exceeds 100. So on my way to the bottom, with the speed I was going - that thing was doing nothing for me but getting in my way and down to the bottom of the floor I went and landed face down. All I can say is that instead of being embarrassed because I still managed to hold my dress down and not moon everyone, I was just laughing uncontrollably.....way too much fun.



The next time I went down, it was landing flat on my back.



On top of that, I did this thing with Sydney, it was set up like an obstacle course. I hesitated at first because of the dress I was in. There was a section where you had to go over a hill of sort and Sydney was having a lot of trouble getting over that - the required socks were actually not helping as she kept slipping, so I decided what the heck I'll go in and save my daughter and did.



That was a little more difficult as instead of stairs right before the slide it had, you had to do like the whole rock climbing deal and REMEMBER, this is a bounce house so the level of difficulty is of course higher.



Let's just say those 2 hours we spend there where a whole lot of F-U-N (much needed). You can never be too old or in a dress not to have a good time.



Walked away with a little scrape, an injured achilles and at little sore but overall it was all well worth it!

No comments: